The RWTH Aachen University, the Universitätsklinikum Aachen and the Forschungszentrum Jülich meet the challenges of the 21st century represented in interdisciplinary approach by the natural sciences and engineering , the production and information technology as well as the economic and social sciences . The broad expertise in Aachen, offers in comparison to other locations, an ideal environment to serve as a central point of contact for research , industry and politics .
Particularly noteworthy is the Forschungszentrum Jülich and the Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine ( INM ) with its activities in the field of Medical Science and Technology . The overall orientation is on the understanding of the human brain . By integrating imaging methods there is a strong overlap of the focus area Imaging with those of JARA-BRAIN .
Furthermore, the following facilities are integrated in the Profile Are Medical Science and Technology
- Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT, Fraunhofer Institute for Molecular Biology and Applied Ecology IME, Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology ILT
- Leibniz Association and DWI - Leibniz Institute for Interactive Materials
- European Institut of Innovation & Technology - EIT Health
- Aachen Interdisciplinary Center for Clinical Research „IZKF“,
- Network of Life Sciences - MedLife e.V.,,
- RWTH Bio-Medical Engineering Cluster,
- I3TM - Integrated Interdisciplinary Institute of Technology for Medicine,
- Center for Biohybrid Medical Systems - "CMBS “,
- Centre for Translational & Clinical Research Aachen (CTCA).